Equine Wellness Plans
Equine Preventative Care Package
Open enrollment for 2018 is from January 1 to January 31!
Maximizing your horse’s health and your budget
Our Equine Wellness Program is a way for you to prepay for a year’s worth of preventative care at a significant cost savings.
Preventive medicine is an important aspect to your horse’s health. With our wellness program your horse’s basic healthcare will be covered. An important aspect of our program is that your horse will be examined by one of our veterinarians twice a year. This allows our veterinarians to get to know your horse while he or she is healthy. These wellness exams help us to diagnose early problems or trends before they become big problems. This is also an opportunity to discuss preventive medicine topics such as parasite control, nutrition, hoof care, dental care, weight control and sand prevention.
Our program offers 2 different plans to choose from, our Basic Plan and our Premium Plan, each offering a different level of preventative care designed to meet your specific needs.
This year our Basic Wellness Plan includes:
- Two comprehensive physical exams with a full report card of the findings and recommendations for your horse’s health – Spring and Fall.
- Spring and Fall vaccines which typically include annual West Nile Virus, Eastern and Western Encephalitis, Tetanus, and Rabies and biannual Influenza and Rhinovirus. Not all horses require the same vaccines so the veterinarian will tailor the vaccines to your individual horse.
- A parasite program that includes up to 2 fecal parasite exams and a deworming product if needed for your horse.
- 50% discount on a microchip and initial annual registration.
- 15% discount on all dental work and sedation associated with routine dental procedure.
Our Premium Wellness Plan includes all the benefits of the Basic Plan plus:
- A Complete Blood Count and Comprehensive Blood Chemistry Panel with electrolytes to establish your horse’s baseline values and identify any early problems.
- Baseline digital radiographs (4 total) of your horse’s front feet. These help to identify signs of imbalance or laminitis. These images will be available to us as a reference point if your horse ever has signs of laminitis or other foot problems. We can email copies of these images to you and your farrier if you would like.
- A Coggin’s Blood Test for Equine Infectious Anemia.
Program Price per horse:
- Basic Plan $280 (over 25% savings)
- Premium Plan $670 (over 25% savings)
This is a prepaid program. Our enrollment period is Jan 1, 2018 to Jan 31, 2018. Enrollment form MUST be completed and paid in full by Jan 31, 2018. Enrollment benefits start on the day of enrollment and end on Jan 31, 2019.
We recommend scheduling your Spring Wellness appointments between March 15th and the end of May and your Fall Wellness appointments during September, October or November.